Fictional writers thrive on fibs. They concoct stories from their imaginations and make them into books. To be factual, fictions are lies. This is why fictional writers apologize in advance in case the story tallies with reality.
Unfortunately, lie sells. Some of the bestselling books are fictions. We love stories. People are daily glued to the TV watching fantasies, the product of someone’s illusion. Some will even cry!
I am not discrediting this creative effort. I write a little of fiction too. Several lives have been positively shaped by such stories.
My concern is about several folks on our streets who are living a fictitious life. They are not real. It is all lies. Yea, he has a thriving business, a posh car and a gorgeous wife but his life is a grotesque caricature of God’s original purpose.
He has two lives. The one he is currently living and the unlived life. He is like an actor on the stage acting contrary to the script. The audience who doesn’t t know the content of the script may celebrate him but the director is displeased.
The applause or the accolades of your audience does not matter, you will be scolded by the director when you get to the back of the stage. Click To Tweet
And soon, we will all get to the back of the stage and give an account of our lives to the Director. This is why there is a time for rehearsal so that you can master your role before you get on stage.
For some reading this, they have already spoiled the show. Life has been a mirage, a complete departure from who they were supposed to be. In retrospect, they realized that they have spent their lives chasing shadows.
Today, like a director, I have come to help you master your role before you get on stage if you are still rehearsing.
You can have several takes and let people laugh at your mistakes right now. You don’t want to get there and spoil the show. You need to be sure your life on earth is in tandem with what was written about you in heaven.
This reminds me of Elisha. He had a flourishing agro-allied business and had employed a few folks. He was comfortable by all standards. He was the kind of person we will envy and call successful today. But Elisha was living contrary to the script. His life was fictitious until the Director came and interrupted him.
Friend, purchasing a fake product in the market can be very painful but nothing is worse than a simulated life.
The irony is, one can be successful in the wrong thing. One can make it and not make it. And it is very easy to live the life suggested to us by our parents, society, church, Nation, educational system, culture or friends.Purchasing a fake product in the market can be very painful but nothing is worse than a simulated life. Click To Tweet
We can live all of life fulfilling someone’s desire while neglecting our dreams. Our actions can be reactions to the pressure around us; the pressure to prove a point, to show off, and impress people that we have also arrived.
This is why it is important we discover who we are. We do not have another opportunity to re-live this life. There is nothing like “aye atunwa or akuda” . It is self delusion to belief these myths. Once you spoil this one life, you are spoilt.
WHO ARE YOU?
When you ask people this simple question, they tell you what they do, not who they are. They tell you where they work or who they work for.
There is a big different between who you are and what you do. Meanwhile, what you do ought to be an overflow of who you are. Unfortunately, most of us were miseducated. We were raised to do, not to become who we are.
The trend is usually like this: born, go to school, get a job, marry, buy a car, build your house, give birth to children into the same vicious cycle, retire, and die. What a life!
This is the rat race. Very few have withdrawn from this mad rush to really discover who they are.
I have been on the earth for about a score and a decade now, yet no one has ever asked me, Who are you? The ridiculous question has always been What are you doing now? Where are you working?” People still ask me these questions.I have been on the earth for about a score and a decade now, yet no one has ever asked me, Who are you? The ridiculous question has always been What are you doing now? Where are you working?” Click To Tweet
It sounds good but it seems no one is interested in who I am becoming as long as I am doing something. It does not matter if you have neglected your dreams as long as you are doing something.
Maybe for the very first time, you really want to ask yourself, Who am I? You want to dig into the very fabrics of your soul and pull out your real self.
Forget about your degrees and your current job. Who are you? It is time to tear the veil and show us your real self!
Who are you? Your education does not matter if this question has not been answered.
Let me give you a few tips that will help you discover yourself;
- Reconnect with your Creator. Only the producer can appropriately tell the purpose of a product. Only Him can fix it when it is spoilt. Self discovery does not begin with self consultation. Forget about those high sounding motivational speeches. It begins with our Owner. And we can connect Him through the Mediator.
For there is one God and ONE MEDIATOR between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 2:5 NIV Emphasis mine).Only the producer can appropriately tell the purpose of a product. Self discovery does not begin with self consultation. Click To Tweet
- You need to retreat. I mean find time to be alone with yourself. The world has become so noisy and busy, only those who have learnt to withdraw hear the still small voices. Shut the TV, leave WhatsApp and Facebook for a while and find yourself.
- You need to be mentored. Consult people who can help you find, fine-tune and fulfill your dreams. There are people who can see farther than you have seen. Connect with people who will hold you to a higher standard than you can possibly hold yourself. This free range mentality will get you nowhere. Connect with people who will hold you to a higher standard than you can possibly hold yourself. Click To Tweet
- Read, read and read. Books have a way of helping us unravel who we are. If you don’t know which books to read, you can consult people that can help you select the right books. Internet should help you read more and not destroy your reading habits.
- Start thinking out of the box. Take another perspective of your world. What if we do things in a different way. Stop following the tradition. Sometimes, the norm is not normal. Break some rules! (I am sure you understand what I mean. The law enforcement agencies will arrest you if you break moral rules or any law in our constitution).
- Begin to look for problems you can solve for people. Begin to serve your gift to the world. Maybe the reason you have not been employed is simply because God wants you to be deployed. We are not here to get, we are here to give. Think of what you can offer.
- Be courageous! It takes courage to take a u-turn and follow your dreams in our society. Your closest friend and even your spouse may not understand you. You need courage to be you and not someone else.
- Be disciplined. Starve your distractions. Slay your excuses. Season films, premier leagues and TV shows are not bad but when will you be watched? Too much of everything is bad. Its abuse. Sex is not for singles. Zip up! Stay with your partner if you are married. Pornography kills. Masturbation destroys. Eat good food. Drugs, alcohol and the likes will impact you negatively. This is not a religious matter. Starve your distractions. Slay your excuses. Click To Tweet
- Be intentional. Take every step henceforth on purpose. Be deliberate! Don’t ever do anything because others are doing it. Don’t ever do anything to please people. Do it because it will culminate in the fulfillment of your dreams.
- Live your best life now. Don’t wait until you stare death in the face before you call your actions to question. Life exacts vengeance on those who are not true to the content of their destiny.
Take responsibility for your own education; for your life. Discover yourself and show us what you have got. The earnest expectation of the creation is waiting for your manifestation.
I hope this helps you.
I love you.